The Watershed Alliance of York (WAY) is a coalition of stakeholders committed to being innovative leaders educating the public and encouraging watershed planning, restoration and protection, through locally led conservation, education and stewardship initiatives, in York County and beyond.
WAY serves the York County community and our partners by providing a communication center and information clearinghouse, networking, sharing ideas and resources, and helping to leverage new and sustainable resources furthering our goals.
2016 Watershed Happenings
- 2016 200th Anniversary of The York Water Company!
- Mar. 1 - May 31 GREAT PA CLEANUP
- March 18 "Cost Effective Stormwater BMPs", Dr. Robert Travers, P.E., Villanova Uni. York County Coalition for Clean Water, 1:00 p.m., York Twp. Municipal Bldg.
- March 24 Native Tree Sale Orders Due, York County Conservation District
- April 6 WAY Board Meeting. 7:00 p.m., York County ANNEX
- April 12 CCWA Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m., York Water Co., Mt. Rose Ave., York
- April 14 YCCD Tree Sale pickup day at Rocky Ridge County Park, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- May 14 MAEscapes Native Plant Sale, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., York County ANNEX
- May 22 Build Your Own Rain Barrel Workshop, 2:330 - 4:00 p.m., Nixon Park
- June 4 Codorus TU Family Fun Fishing Day, Codorus State Park
- July 6 WAY Board Meeting. 7:00 p.m., York County ANNEX
- Jul 12 CCWA Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m., York Water Co., Mt. Rose Ave., York
- August 6 Arts & River Fest, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Shank's Mare, Long Level
- Sept. 24-25 14th Watershed Weekend!
- October 5 WAY Board Meeting. 7:00 p.m., York County ANNEX