WAY is a resource to both the public and private sectors. The focus of WAY's work relates to public education and outreach, watershed assessment, procurement of funding, technical assistance, and the creation, implementation and coordination of work plans and strategies to restore and protect groundwater and surface water resources.
WAY can provide our partners with education and outreach assistance and support in the following areas:
- Conservation, environmental stewardship, and watershed restoration and protection educational programs
- Demonstration projects of Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Municipal Small Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Minimum Control Measures (MCMs)
- Outreach tools and reosurces for landowners, municipal officals, and other stakeholders
- Public forum facilitation
- Train-the-trainer workshops
Municipal Small Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Minimum Control Measures
WAY has established a Memorandum of Understanding with 28 of 44 MS4 municipalities in York County (72 municipalities total). The MOU provides MS4 municipalities public education and outreach, financial and technical assistance, at no cost. MS4 municipalities must link to our website and request our products and services. Participating MS4 Municipalities may get credit for their MS4 permit requirements. The MOU is perpetually renewed, annually.
To request a copy of WAY's MS4 MOU click here.
In additional to the MOU above, WAY offers MS4 training of elected officials and municipal employees upon request. Workshops are from 2-hours to 8-hours in length and can be delivered at your facility, as time and resources allow. MS4 training topics include:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Participation and Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination for Municipal Officials
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination for Municipal Employees
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations and Maintenance
- NEW – Implementing Pennsylvania’s New MS4 Permit
To request education and outreach assistance click here.
WAY can provide our partners with sustainable funding assistance and support in the following areas:
- Grants & Scholarships
- Grant writing
- Grant administration
- Internships and scholarships
- PennVEST 'green infrastructure' grants and low interest loans
- Watershed and illegal dump site cleanup grants
To request sustainable funding assistance click here.
WAY can provide our partners with technical assistance and support in the following areas of expertise:
- Cleaning up illegal dump sites
- Green infrastructure stormwater management
- Natural resource and pollution source inventories
- Watershed assessments
- Watershed planning
- Watershed restoration
- Watershed protection
- Water quality monitoring
- Water & wastewater treatment
To request technical assistance click here.